Friday, August 27, 2010

We've got a painter down!

I've been trying to hurry and finish this job before my friend Jesse moves, for a few reasons:
1. He's providing his garage
2. He is providing free labor (I don't know why, but I love it)
3. He owns the nice expensive spray equipment
4. Most important, he is supposed to lay on the paint so it actually looks good. As a professional painter who uses his spray gun all the time (even though he specializes in spraying paint and dye on woods...same technique), I'm depending on his trained hand for the most critical part of the job.

Well, he was running through his house to answer the door and slipped on a spot of wet tile, and landed smack on his foot. He broke it in a few places, and tore some tendons, and is currently at the hospital getting morphine and x-rays. Ugh, this is going to make things a whole lot more difficult, unless I can get him off his pain-killers and get him to lay out a nice straight coat of paint all while hopping on one foot. (ie, no way!) Looks like I'll be doing the rest of my labor solo and painting the car myself.

He wouldn't let me take a picture, but it looked about like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment